Friday, March 14, 2008

the Body[pillow]Guard

the Body[pillow]Guard

Apparently pregnant people are not "allowed" to lay on their backs after the first trimester. Random, you say? Actually not. It has something to do with blood pressure and my vena cava. So anyway, my sweet, adoring, and somewhat fearful husband, bought me a body pillow. That's what the book recommended. It's so soft. So comfortable. I use it every single night. It's friggin awesome.


Pregnant people also pee a lot. Trust me. It pretty much sucks being awakened from a lovely dream at 4 am to stumble to the toilet. And you sit there, wondering where the pee came from because you didn't have anything to drink before bed, and knowing you might not get back to sleep before you have to get up for work.

So what do body pillows and peeing have to do with each other? I guess the body pillow is too soft! It's too awesome! Each night I get up to pee, I come back to bed to find that one of the dogs, or worse, my husband has stolen it! Just flat out jacked it in the two minutes I was gone. I actually have to wrestle it back from them! Not only am I pregnant and cranky and awake when I don't want to be, but I have to play tug-of-war to get my pillow back before I can get back into bed.

Now, I don't want to resort to taking my body pillow with me to the bathroom, but I will if I have to.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home